Aboriginal Justice Strategy - The Capacity-Building Fund
Objectives of the AJS:
- To contribute to a decrease in the rates of victimization, crime and incarceration among Aboriginal people in communities with AJS programs
- To assist Aboriginal people in assuming greater responsibility for the administration of justice in their communities
- To provide better and more timely information about community-based justice programs funded by the AJS
- To reflect and include Aboriginal values within the justice system.
- First Nations, bands, Tribal Councils, local, regional and national Aboriginal organizations;
- regional/municipal governments including their agencies and institutions;
- non-profit community organizations, societies, and associations which have voluntarily associated themselves for a non-profit purpose; and,
- provincial and territorial governments (in the case of flow-through agreements).