Justice Partnership and Innovation Program - Violence Against Aboriginal Women and Girls
Program SummaryThe objective of the Justice Partnership and Innovation Program – Violence Against Aboriginal Women and Girls is to reduce vulnerability of young Aboriginal women and girls to violence through the development of models and programs to empower Aboriginal women, and the development of resources and tools to provide Aboriginal women and girls with alternatives to risky behaviour.
The Justice Partnership and Innovation Program – Violence Against Aboriginal Women and Girls will provide project based support to:
- Innovative community-based and school-based initiatives that reduce vulnerabilities to violence; and,
- Awareness activities aimed at breaking intergenerational cycles of violence and abuse affecting Aboriginal women and girls.
- National, provincial, municipal, regional, Aboriginal, community or professional non-for-profit organizations;
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments;
- Canadian educational institutions;
- Bands, tribal councils, self-governing First Nations and Inuit.