Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
The CanCode program aims to provide coding and digital skills learning opportunities to a diverse set of participants, principally students from kindergarten to grade 12 (K-12) across Canada, including traditionally underrepresented groups, as well as their teachers. The program will consider proposals for initiatives that run until the program end date of March 31, 2019.
While not essential requirements, proposals will also be assessed on the degree to which they include one or more of the following elements:
- content that maps to provincial/territorial educational curricula (e.g. lessons for teachers on how to integrate digital skills including coding into the classroom; topics/content that support current curricula or the development of future curricula);
- development of tools and resources that will be made available to students and teachers following a learning opportunity, and which could reinforce or continue learning, and/or reach a broader audience;
- partnerships with other organizations, such as school boards, teacher associations, community organizations, and other organizations delivering digital skills and coding;
- private sector funding or partnerships that can leverage federal contributions to deliver programming to a wider audience or to enhance or expand initiatives and content;
- a demonstrated ability to reach traditionally underrepresented groups including girls, Indigenous youth, and/or youth with disabilities;
- a demonstrated ability to deliver services on First Nations Reserves, and/or;
- a demonstrated ability to reach rural and remote locations in Canada including in the North.
Note: Depending on the volume of applications received, some or all of these criteria may be used to select organization for funding.
For general questions and comments, please contact the CanCode program.
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-328-6189
Telephone (Ottawa): 613-954-5031
TTY (for hearing-impaired): 1-866-694-8389
Business hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
By mail: CanCode
C.D. Howe Building
235 Queen Street, 1st floor, West Tower
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5