Canada Post Community Foundation
Program SummaryOutside of its Signature Grants, the Foundation will fund projects that support three primary focus areas—community, education and health.
Funding will be allocated to projects that will generate maximum impact, creating lasting change for children and youth (up to the age of 21), in the following areas:
• education programming to help children reach their full potential
• programming supporting healthy children
• building safe, kid-friendly communities
• services for children and youth with special needs and their families
•programs that promote the interest of children and youth
•mental health programs for children and youth
Organizations applying for project funding should either be based in the community or rely significantly on community resources to undertake the activities proposed or to achieve the objectives stated. Projects should involve capacity-building (i.e., the creation or expansion of services, rather than the maintenance of existing services; expansion may include augmentation of a service, addition of a service or inclusion of a new geographic territory). Capacity-building activities could include hiring and/or training staff or covering costs directly related to the delivery of a program (such as mileage, facilities rental, communications activities) or the purchase, construction or addition of new equipment or facilities.
These projects would be delivered by:
• charitable organizations with a valid CRA registration number
• registered non-profit organizations with a valid B/N business registration number
• elementary and high school groups
• local community or Aboriginal groups
• community libraries
• a registered Canadian amateur athletic association
The application form will be posted on www.canadapost.ca/community in March of each year.
April 5, 2019
CANADA POST COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
PO BOX 90007
OTTAWA ON KIV 1J8