Department of Justice
Victims and Survivors of Crime Restorative Justice Processes
Program SummaryJustice Canada Victims Fund may fund proposals that undertake the following objectives:
– develop or enhance partnerships between restorative justice agencies and victim-serving organizations through joint training, information sharing or awareness raising events or other means
– develop tools and resources and/or deliver training for restorative justice practitioners that increases their capacity to work with victims involved in restorative justice processes from a trauma-informed approach
– evaluate the impact of restorative justice processes on victims; and
– undertake research on victim-centered or victim-focused restorative justice models.
– restorative justice agencies and associations;
– not for profit victim serving organizations
Bands, Tribal Councils, First Nations and community-based indigenous organizations that provide/support restorative justice services to the community/members; and
– provincial, territorial, municipal and regional governments and agencies
The Department of Justice encourages applicants to submit proposals electronically. If you submit your application on paper, please consider printing on both sides of the paper. These actions will minimize environmental impacts.
To submit a request for funding, please complete the Application/Proposal Form on the website.
Department of Justice Canada
284 Wellington Street, 6th Floor
Telephone: General Victims Fund: 613-941-4193