Employment and Social Development Canada
Career Focus Local and Regional Projects
Program SummaryCareer Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions and develop their skills.
Career Focus aims to:
– increase the supply of highly qualified workers;
– facilitate the transition of high-skilled young people to a rapidly changing labour marker;
– promote the benefits of advanced studies; and
-demonstrate federal leadership by investing in the skills required to meet the needs of the knowledge economy.
The program is part of the Youth Employment Strategy, a horizontal initiative involving 11 federal departments and agencies.
– not for profit
– municipal governments
– aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
– for-profit entities
– provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations
It is recommended that you submit your application well ahead of the projected start date. If you require information or clarification that is not provided in the Applicant Guide, please contact 1-800-935-5555
Joy Bateman, Senior Development Officer
Citizen Services and Program Delivery Branch/Service Canada