Employment and Social Development Canada
Career Focus Local and Regional Projects
Program SummaryCareer Focus provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions and develop their skills.
Career Focus aims to:
– increase the supply of highly qualified workers;
– facilitate the transition of high-skilled young people to a rapidly changing labour marker;
– promote the benefits of advanced studies; and
-demonstrate federal leadership by investing in the skills required to meet the needs of the knowledge economy.
The program is part of the Youth Employment Strategy, a horizontal initiative involving 11 federal departments and agencies.
– not for profit
– municipal governments
– aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
– for-profit entities
– provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations
Joy Bateman, Senior Development Officer
Citizen Services and Program Delivery Branch/Service Canada