Aboriginal Arts and Cultural Leadership Grant
Due to the COVID-19 implications and government restrictions, SaskCulture wants applicants to this funding program to know that:
- All applicants will be required to agree, within the application, that they will follow appropriate public health guidelines, as stated in the Government of Saskatchewan’s Re-Open plan;
- They need to carefully read the grant guidelines for COVID-19 restrictions regarding large in-person public events;
- Groups are encouraged to consider requesting support for online-based cultural activities;
- Applicants are encouraged to organize events with clearly articulated cancellation policies and agreements on payments; and
- SaskCulture requires written or verbal notice of postponements or cancellations of funded events and activities.
If you have any questions about SaskCulture programs and services, please contact Outreach Consultant listed on this page.
The purpose is to advance the course of culture in Saskatchewan by supporting: sharing of cultural skills and knowledge to young peoples; development of cultural organizations in their ability to deliver and sustain cultural programming; increased employment opportunities for First Nations and Métis arts and culture resource peoples; cultural awareness, cultural activity, skill development, personal growth and positive lifestyles at the individual, group and community level; and the building of capacity for communities and cultural organizations to assess community needs and to effectively plan and implement cultural programs for, and by, First Nations and Métis peoples.
First Nation Band in good standing with the Saskatchewan Lotteries Community Grand Program and have no outstanding grant follow-ups due to SaskCulture.
April 15, 2021
Damon Badger Heit, Outreach Consultant