Saskatchewan Literacy Network
Northern Family Literacy Training Support Program
With generous funding support from the Saskatchewan Community Initiatives Fund, the Saskatchewan Literacy Network is pleased to announce the Northern Family Literacy Training Support Program.
The Saskatchewan Literacy Network is looking for four northern Saskatchewan community teams of up to four people each to participate in a 3-day training opportunity from May 15th to 17th, 2018 in Air Ronge, SK, at the Pahkisimon Nuye?áh Library System (PNLS) Headquarters. After the training, participants receive ongoing support in creating or enhancing family literacy programming to add to the strengths in their community.
Each team from your northern Saskatchewan community should be made up of people who:
- enjoy working with families and their children;
- have some experience working with parents or caregivers in education or community environments;
- are interested in learning new ways to engage families;
- have demonstrated an appreciation for lifelong learning;
- are available to attend the entire 3-days of training and participate in follow-up conversations with the SLN;
- are prepared to commit, as a team, to use the knowledge from the 3-day training to offer (new or enhanced) family literacy programs or events in your community.
We will select 4 teams of up to 4 people per northern community (up to 16 people total at the training) to attend the Northern Family Literacy Training Support Program (NFLTSP). The focus will on be on people who work with families in various capacities. A community team may consist of individuals from the same or different organizations delivering services to families in their northern Saskatchewan community.
Friday, March 16th, 2018 at 11:59 pm
#11-2155 Airport Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7L 6M5
Toll Free: 1.888.511.2111