Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
The Indigenous Agriculture and Food Systems Initiative
The objective of the Indigenous Agriculture and Food Systems Initiative is to increase economic development opportunities of Indigenous Peoples and communities in Canada. This initiative will support Indigenous communities and entrepreneurs who are ready to launch agriculture and food systems projects and others who want to build their capacity to participate in the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector.
- Indigenous communities and governments (includes band and tribal councils, governments of self-governing First Nations, local governments of Inuit communities and Métis organizations)
- Indigenous for-profit and not-for-profit corporations, associations, cooperatives and institutions
- Indigenous businesses, partnerships and joint ventures
Proposals will be accepted until September 30, 2022, or until the funding has been fully committed or until otherwise announced by the Initiative. The Initiative ends on March 31, 2023.
- Telephone: 1-866-367-8506
- TTY: 613-773-2600
- MailAgriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Indigenous Agriculture and Food Systems Initiative
1341 Baseline Road, Tower 7, Floor 6
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C5