Environment and Climate Change Canada
Climate Action and Awareness Fund
The new Climate Action and Awareness Fund will invest $206 million over five years to support Canadian-made projects that help to reduce Canada’s greenhouse gas emissions. The Climate Action and Awareness Fund is designed to support projects that can create middle class jobs for Canadians who work in science and technology, academia and at the grassroots community level. These projects are critical as we continue to build a sustainable net zero emissions economy by 2050.
The Climate Action and Awareness Fund has three main priorities:
- support youth climate awareness (request for proposals – closed summer 2020) and community-based climate action (request for proposals – fall 2020)
- support climate research at Canadian think tanks and in academia (request for proposals – winter 2021)
- advance climate science and technology (request for proposals – winter 2021)
Website Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/environment/weather/climatechange/funding-programs/climate-action-awareness-fund.html?utm_campaign=eccc-eccc-caaf-outreach-20-21&utm_medium=email&utm_source=caaf-announcement-170920&utm_content=landing-page-en
To be eligible for funding under this request for proposals, lead applicants must be one of the following:
- not-for-profit non-governmental organization
- university or academic institution
- Indigenous organization
Lead applicants are responsible for submitting their proposal and for negotiating and signing a funding agreement if selected. Lead applicants are encouraged to partner with at least one other organization, such as a non-governmental organization, Indigenous organization, university and academic institution, small and medium-sized enterprise, and/or a provincial, territorial or municipal government.
September 17, 2020, to October 21, 2020, at 11:59 pm EDT
All inquiries related to the current community-based climate action request for proposals may be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.