Health Facilities and Capital Program (HFCP)
The program provides funds to eligible recipients for capital investments towards First Nations and Inuit Health Facilities and associated lands. The HFCP supports the construction, acquisition, leasing, operation and maintenance of nursing stations, health centres, health stations, health offices, treatment centres, staff residences, and operational support buildings and the remediation or management of associated environmental and Occupational Health & Safety issues.
How to apply
Contact your First Nations and Inuit health regional office.
Regional offices work with communities to develop project planning documentation. Projects are assessed and prioritized for funding based on factors including:
- greatest demonstrated need
- greatest potential impact
- preventing interruptions to essential health services
- making health services accessible closer to home communities
- integrating health services with provinces or territories and First Nations
First Nations and Inuit communities and health facility staff and other health facility workers, such as visiting specialists.