Mending the Family Circle
Program SummaryPrairie Spirit Connections Inc. in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Services has developed a 14-week reunification program that focuses on work to reunite families separated by imbalance in lifestyles, culture, and identity.
The intervention model is based on the Seven Sacred Teachings, the Medicine Wheel, Tipi Teachings in search of your Warrior Spirit, as well as basic life skills. The model focuses on utilizing traditional and cultural principles to modify the individual’s outlook, attitudes and behavior. The program uses ceremony to bring the families into balance with their emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual components. The program objectives include a culturally appropriate intervention model, training curriculum, modules, and lesson plans in creating self-sustaining families as well as respectful relationships between participants and community agencies.
The program will consist of:
• a four-day healing camp,
• three days of classroom instruction per week,
• ceremonies throughout the 14 weeks,
• one support visit per week,
• one family day per month (parents and children),
• one case management per month,
• working closely with the Ministry of Social Services and other community organizations.
Based in Regina
809 Victoria Avenue
Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 0R5