Aboriginal Peoples Program - Northern Aboriginal Broadcasting
Program SummaryThe objectives of the NAB are:
• to support the production of culturally-relevant Indigenous programming;
• to facilitate establishment and maintenance of production facilities;
• to ensure availability of a significant amount of radio and television programming;
• to contribute to the protection and enhancement of Indigenous languages and cultures; and
• to provide venues to articulate issues of relevance to Indigenous audiences and communities.
Eligible organizations must provide broadcast communications north of the Hamelin Line, which is drawn at the 55th parallel and defines the Canadian North for purposes of policy.
Eligible recipients include not-for-profit, democratically controlled:
• not-for-profit, democratically controlled Indigenous organizations incorporated under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act or under corresponding provincial or territorial legislation;
• independent Indigenous community groups that include ad-hoc committees defined as a temporary committee set up to do a specific task and are not a permanent standing committee;
• non-Indigenous organizations working in partnership with Indigenous organizations or Indigenous advisory committees in situations where incorporated Indigenous organizations or Indigenous community groups do not exist.
15 Eddy St., 8th Floor