The Dreamcatcher Charitable Foundation
1. To address risk factors faced by First Nations youth including juvenile delinquency, substance abuse and suicide, by:
a. providing scholarships bursaries and grants to attend educational programs; and
b. providing equipment, facilities and opportunities to participate in structured recreational, and/or organized
2. To promote good health care and ensure the proper provision of medical and health care services for the benefit of all
First Nations members in Canada.
3. To educate and raise awareness concerning First Nations language, history, spirituality and culture among First Nations
a. providing grants for attendance at traditional First Nations activities or events, established arts and cultural institutions,
language programs and traditional theatrical or dance performances and instruction; and
b. providing educational materials and training for the benefit of youth
– Status Members
– Must be non-profit
– Individual band members
– Community groups and organizations
– Minor sports teams
– Special Events
– Elite Adult Teams
Applications must be submitted a minimum of one month prior to your event or commencement of your project.Only one application per sector per fiscal year (April 1 – March 31) in the Health Sector and the Arts & Culture sector.
• SPORTS AND RECREATION SECTOR:
– Summer Deadline: July 31, 2017
– Winter Deadline: January 31, 2018
• EDUCATION SECTOR:
September start has a July 14, 2017 deadline; January start has an October 13, 2017 deadline.
Applications that span more than one year are eligible; however, applicants must reapply each year.